Thursday, April 29, 2010

sad sad week

Irda Rina K is someone I got to know thru Facebook. A young mother of one.  A boy, a toddler, barely 2 yrs old, ill with cancer, Neuroblastoma. It seems that this is third highest ranking cancer among children.

:(
Little Akif lost his fight yesterday afternoon. I only found out about it last night. And worst, I was actually thinking of visiting, even when I've never even met Irda before. It was not meant to be. I felt so profoundly sad. I somehow could feel the loss myself as I'd been following his progress and at one time he seems to be getting better. Then the cancer came back. I am just not able to comprehend what the parents must be going thru. He died in his mummy's arms, as she hugs him close. Alhamdullilah and innalillah, at the same time, ironic isn't it?! My sister died in her daughter's arms, just the way she wants it, I believe.  Jazidah, our very close family friend, who lost her fight to breast cancer, died surrounded by her loved one (all her 5 children and her husband), the way everyone would want it.

I couldn't sleep last night, I think I even dreamt of Akif with his mum last night! That's how much I was affected by his death.  And to think that since the day my sister died last week - not once had I dreamt about her. I think and I hope, she is happy to be where she is now. No more pain, no more suffering and no worldly (if there's such a word?) worries... She and Akif, in a good place, a better place, I'm sure.

doa' for my mak & abah, my kak na & kak not (jaz, akif and many others)
we'll meet again one day, insya'allah.


No comments:

Post a Comment