Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Birthday Celebrations with friends....

I got to know Alice when IBM recommended her catering company for an event. That must have been way back in the 90s and we've been friends ever since. She is such a wonderful, bubbly lady, you can't help it but be friends with her. Through her, I got to know her son, Nick who is a chef. I became even closer to them when I started taking baking classes with Nick at their home.

Last Saturday (26 June 2010), Alice invited me to celebrate with them, her hubby's, Ernest's 70th birthday.  The man doesn't look it !  He he.  Below a pic of dear Alice at one of Nick's baking class that I attended. Pic of glam Alice that night is not to be, that's when my camera decided that it does not have enough memory!

Alice Bain in her element - the kitchen. She's always there to make sure that the students are well fed during lessons !

Ernest admiring his 70th birthday cake, loving done for him by his chef son, Nicholas.

Ernest's cake and cuppies !

After the birthday party, went home to decorate another birthday cake for Siti. For her teenage daughters, Nadia and Natrah. Natrah's birthday fell on 27 June, while Nadia's was a week before. She also got me to bake vanilla cuppies for the girls, and since cream cheese is her fav, the frosting was of course, cream cheese. The cake was Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Alia did the surfacing, I did the decorating on the cake. I need to go for more cake decorating classes !

Below are proof pics of the cake and baby pink/blue cuppies I made for them... The most important thing, they were happy with results and enjoyed eating the cake and cupcakes.


On Friday (25/06/2010), I baked another batch of cupcakes for Farah Hani again. This time its a gift for a pair of bride and groom. Requested for pink color. See below, I just love that pink shade. I mixed christmas red food coloring, bits of purple and food whitener to get it... I was told that the 'pegantin' eat with gusto after the celebration winded down.... good to know ! ;D


Since there seems to be quite a bit of cakes and cupcake postings..
plus I'm wishing (and pray, insya'allah with God's blessings) for more of such postings,
I've updated this blog with a cup of coffee background.
Coffee (or tea for that matter) goes so well with cakes,
 if I may say so...

No comments:

Post a Comment