Saturday, June 19, 2010

In A Cupcakes State Of Mind....


Pictures below are cuppies of the original butter cupcakes recipe that I'd learned from Nick but with cheese frosting piped on.. and below balanced from those I made for Eddy and Liza's Penang's trip. They stayed at the new happening place - the Hard Rock hotel !  Just the place to be seen with my cuppies.... ;D


Cupcakes galore... all the cuppies we can eat !

The Carrot Cake odessy.........

I've been on the odessy of looking for a great carrot cake resipi.  Have tried a few but unfortunately have not been very successful in getting a good one.  These were from a recipe I got from Kraft Foods. Kraft Foods recipes always use one shortcut or another. This particular recipe calls for the use of any of pre-mixed Butter cake, then add in other condiments to turn it into a carrot cake mix. Its nice and tasty but a little dry....



Finally I got a recipe from my fav Carrot Cake sifu, Shaz. Tried it last night, brought a box over to the office and got the thumps up from my regular tasters. I'm so happy, so this is our dessert for this Sunday.  20th June 2010 is Father's Day. Just what Mr Hubby wants, a carrot cake !  Below are some pics of what I'd baked last night. My carrot needs to be improved !  He he he...



I've love to be able to decorate like these taken from the internet. I think I can... to me the simply simple ones are the best. So, how do you keep them stuck well to the cupcake casings?

or lovely roses like these,
or, just so simple but so elegent...
Martha Steward's so simple, anyone ca do this !
My favourite flowers, Hydrangeas

No comments:

Post a Comment