Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My United States of Cupcakes


Sometime last year, I joined a hands-on cupcake baking session with a caterer that I've worked with at office functions. When with 2nd girl. It was run by her chef-son, Nick. A wonderful class, taught us basic cupcake mix, baking and of course icing. Fondant, butter icing, etc. So, from there on, I've been making cupcakes regularly. No problem with butter cupcakes because the recipe that Nick gave us is just so excellent. Everytime I make cuppies using this recipe, I will definitely have lots of happy campers...

Nick the chef/instructor. very imposing isn't he but looks can be deceiving, nick is one nice guy, and very generous with his knowledge. his mum is very proud of him ! ;D ladies, he's still single too..
class in progress
our materpieces..

Then came Aqil's birthday. Liza his mum, my niece-in-law, wanted to 'order' from me, but since its my first ever cuppies, I decided instead to give him as a gift.  So, since its a kid's birthday anyway, kinda caca-marba, colorful and playful.



Liza again wanted to order from me for her cousin's wedding, 100 cuppies (wah, she really loves my cuppies. best customer hands down ! hehe) but it was not to be since the the wedding was 30 May but she's going on 26th May 2010. It was in Penang and they wanted to try out the new happening place - Hard Rock Hotel. I didn't want to take the chance of ppl getting food poisoning. 5 days is to long... no preservative in my cakes! But made some for the road... Eddy insisted on giving me some csh.. my first ( :D). Definitly help cover the cheese ! I love cheese frostings...

Smarties topped for kids & those kids at heart, store bought pretty little red flowers and the 3rd, a little extra more toppings for Aqil & Aziq, prints done by Alia, my no 2, who temps at Secret Recipe.


There were more cuppies (I made 2 batches), so its free-hand toppings and photo-pimping time. Will add in another post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment