Sunday, July 17, 2011

Macarons

Apart from Red Velvet cakes, the current trend now is macaron (or macaroons). HOWEVER, macarons are such a temperamental cookie. I tried 4 times before I even got the 'feet' to appear. I hear, some people went thru many many more times.  Even then, I still get loads of unsuccessful trays of macarons among the successful ones when I'm baking them. So, in the end I baked in small batches, and my success rates went up! I make french macarons. I have not tried the italian method properly. I did once but burnt the sugar, problem is I've not seen a demonstration on how this is done, so it was like cooking in the dark. Lucky I didn't burn my fingers....

But I've got orders done anyhow, and these have turned up quite nicely.  I've also made hazelnut macaron shell.  I've bought pistachios and macadamia nuts. I'm gonna try these too, soon.

Below are pictures that I've taken so far... From single color to double, nor multi-colored. I started with cream cheese, chocolate ganache and lemon curd fillings. I've added raspberry, blueberry and now tiramisu... soon hazelnut filling too.

These are macarons made when I was learning how to make them. Macarons turned out quite alright during class, yes? 


After four unsuccesful tries at home, I got these, perfect just perfect..... I was so happy.


These I made for my friend and collegue, for her birthday.  She ordered actually, so I had to be brave and bake them. Glad I did!

  


From then on, I received quite a number of orders.


Then I tried using ground hazelnuts, and these turned out quite nicely too. Not only that, these shells are delicious, goes well with cream cheese or chocolate ganache.


My friends loved these...





A green and white theme for daughter of an old old school chum from my hometown, Taiping.


Recently, I finally received my slipat baking sheets and mastrad macaron baking sheets. Can't wait to use these....

P.S: have not read that book either...  :D





No comments:

Post a Comment