Sunday, April 3, 2011

Everything Red Velvet

Red Velvet is the In thing nowadays. Flavour of the season, so to speak.  Everyone everywhere seems to be making and ordering Red Velvet cake. So one day I went to my cake sifu and learn a couple of 'high-end' cakes, namely Red Velvet Cake and Devil's Food Cake. Almost immediately I get my first RV cake order, then another and another.  Hey, I'm happy with the way things are turning out okay.....

The cakes we did that day....


 
Left is a slice of Red Velvet cake and right, Devil's Food slice

Now, more of my RV cupcakes and cakes...


My first order.... a birthday cake, a Red Velvet of course, for a colleague and friend. The pitted sweet cherries were lovely and goes well with the cake.
Its a Tall cake ! Four layers....

More of my RV cupcakes and cakes...

Made this RV cake for a good friend of mine. A housewarming gift. Fresh blueberries lined up at the back, sweet black grapes in the middle... yummy!

I also made cupcakes from the same RV mixture, with the initial plan of bringing it along with me for the same housewarming but they tasted so good that my kids insisted that I left these at home... hahahahhahaha!  So played around with some designs.... 

Below are RV cupcakes for another colleague and friend, Ros, who is also a regular customer of mine. Thank you so much for support Ros. Made these for her big family to enjoy.


These below, I made for Anura who love RV cakes very much. Anura ordered these for her department's Kick-Off meeting.  It looked so lovely when the caterer placed it so nicely in the centre of the buffet table!

My latest RV cake. Made for a friend who'd just resigned. So very sad to lose a wonderful colleague and friend. Hope she continues to order from me!  hehehe.  The decor on the cake were longans. Another tall 4-layer cake! 




Happy dance, celebrating the Red Velvets....


No comments:

Post a Comment