Saturday, January 30, 2010

Towards good health...

Did my medical today, full check up including Women's Wellness package and the Mammogram.  After taking my blood for the tests, went for mammogram, x-ray and ultra-sound.  All went well, I hate the mammogram actually, because it hurts when it presses down your breast !  But then, its very important to do this regularly anyway, so just do it !  I bet the technician who does this has by now seen every shape, size and colour of breasts that comes to her, hehehe.

All the tests that I had to do today, after above, went for eye check-up and the ecg, were quite fast and easy.  Then I had to go see a gynae for my pap-smear and also to change my iud (its lifetime is expiring or already expired - 5 years), and the stupid waiting began.  I waited for so long, more than 1 hr... she had many patients and its 1st come 1st served basis.  Taking the iud out doesn't hurt but putting in the new one hurts la... ouch, ouch.  Oh, just take 2 panadol if it still hurts okay? Okay.  Doesn't hurt so much by now but it is still uncomfortable.  And the iud costs a bomb ! The Mirena.  Worst its not covered by my company insurance.  A big OUCH to my pocket.

Anyway, company insurance covers up to RM395.00 max for the medical. Since I've added the Women's Wellness package and the mammogram, my bill came up to about RM600.00 so later, they will bill be the extra...  another Ouch.

Well, towards good health even if its painful to the pocket. My other complaint is, this doctor is not involved in any of my tests or consultancy...... : (

No comments:

Post a Comment